Steve's Blog

I try to use this blog to record something about my life everyday.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas, United States

On December 31, 2007 I left my job with Sprint/Embarq where I worked as a Software Engineer for 15 years at the Sprint Campus in Kansas City. In January 2008 Mary and I started Steve Brown Ministries and started traveling the United States broadcasting "Live Video" of Revivals, Bible Conferences, Mission Conferences, and other Special Services. Mary and I enjoy serving the Lord Jesus Christ and traveling to churches as we minister through SteveBrownMinistries.com. We are very pleased that our ministry is endorsed and we are sent out of our home church at Heritage Baptist Temple in Little Rock, Arkansas.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

12 Mile Missouri River Trip in Nebraska

Today Brian Yonke invited me to go on a caching trip. Mary and I left the house at 6:15 a.m. to go to Brian's house in Liberty, Missouri. Jim Shilt joined us and we headed to Nebraska. We walked a couple miles in the rain at Indian Cave State Park to find a cache I could not find a couple years ago. We also found another new cache in the park before heading to the river. We tried to launch Brian's boat at Peru, Nebraska, but the road was so muddy that Brian decided we should not proceed. We then drove to Nebraska City, Nebraska where we found a very nice place to launch the boat. We went downstream a little over 6 miles to the island where the cache was located. After some searching Jim found the cache. It has been trashed. The contents were scattered around and wet. We hauled what was left of the cache back to Nebraska City and put it in a dumpster. We had a lot of fun with the boat ride and searching the island for the cache. After several more caches on the way home we arrived at Brian's house about 12:30 a.m. By the time Mary drove around Kansas City the wrong way and covered over 100 mile we got home about 2:15 a.m. It was a very long day but I had a lot of fun. It was a very successful day of geocaching. Thanks Brian.

Today's Stats:
12 Geocaches.
23202 Steps Today - 13.18 miles.
7667 Aerobic Steps.
1366 Calories Burned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!